Spread the news, if you want to be on good terms with all the fish in your pond, it always helps to butter them up a bit. The bright color and aromatic scent of our butterworms will have your fish so buttered up, you could practically fry ‘em fresh off the line.
USED TO CATCH
Bluegill, perch, crappie, rock bass, trout. They are also great bait for ice fishing. Great natural scent. Add Butterworms to hooks or other live bait.
- Also known as tebro worms or trevo worms.
- Larvae of the Chilean moth.
- Called “Butterworms” due to their high calcium content.
- Scent and bright colors are attractive to predators.
- Chemical-free; safe for feeding to pets.
How to Keep Your Bait in Great Shape
Butterworms live off their own body fat. You don’t have to feed or water them. You’ll also want to keep as dry as possible – Moisture is no friend to Butterworms. The best place to store them is dry sawdust, but any dry, grain-type material will do. You should clean their container every three weeks, and keep them refrigerated at 35-50° F.